Here are some of my non-peer reviewed publications:
- 2018. Review of Di Wang, Violence and Order on the Chengdu Plain: The Story of a Secret Brotherhood in Rural China, 1939-1949. Stanford, California: Stanford University Press, 2018. For The Chinese Historical Review, Vol. 25, No. 2 (forthcoming).
- 2018. Review of David Bello, Across Forest, Steppe, and Mountain: Environment, Identity, and Empire in Qing China’s Borderlands. Cambridge University Press, 2016. For Agricultural History, Vol. 92, No. 3.
- 2012. “Tea with the Gao Brothers: The Gao Brothers Reflect on the 60th Anniversary of the PRC and the Gentrification of the Factory 798 Art District.” In Majella Munroe (ed.), Modern Art Asia, Issues 1-8: Papers on Modern and Contemporary Asian Art. Enzo Arts and Publishing Limited.
- 2010. “Review: Song of Tibet.”Asia Educational Media Services News and Reviews, Issue 36. Web access: http://www.aems.illinois.edu/publications/filmreviews/songoftibet.html
- 2010. “Review: Summer Pasture.” Asia Educational Media Services News and Reviews, Issue 36. Web access: http://www.aems.illinois.edu/publications/filmreviews/summerpasture.html
- 2010. “Vertiginous Metamorphosis: The Shanghai Expo and China’s Love Affair with the City.” In Modern Art Asia, Issue Four. Click here for a PDF.
- 2010. “Exhibition Review: STAY REAL Forever, Museum of Contemporary Art, Shanghai, 10th June-12th July 2010.” In Modern Art Asia, Issue Four.
2010. “What is the Difference between Chinese and American Families?” by Zou Zhizhuang. On Watching America. Web access: http://watchingamerica.com/News/51306/what-is-the-difference-betweenchinese-and-american-families/
— “Time for the Chinese Public to be Loud like Americans” by the Editors, Huanqiu. On Watching America. Web access: http://watchingamerica.com/News/53175/time-for-the-chinese-public-to-beloud-like-americans/
— “Two Earthquakes and Two Telling Responses from America” by Shen Xuhui. On Watching America.