- 2016. “Planting and Its Discontents: Or How Nomads Produced Spaces of Resistance in China’s Erstwhile Xikang Province.” Resilience: A Journal of the Environmental Humanities 3, no. 1.
- “Hacking the Yak: The Chinese Effort to Improve a Tibetan Animal in the Early Twentieth Century.” East Asian Science, Technology, and Medicine.
- “Wheat Dreams: High-Altitude Farm Stations and Chinese Micro-Order in Kham, 1937-49” in Frontier Tibet: Patterns of Change in the Sino-Tibetan Borderlands, ed. Stephane Gros (under review at Amsterdam University Press).
- “Food and Accommodation: Chinese Grain Governance in Eastern Tibet, 1906-1939”
- “High Cold Country: China’s Western Borderlands in Meteorological Perspective during the Early Twentieth Century”